PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good COnv. Carseat /booster ...

Melda
06-11-2004, 01:24 PM
But i cant afford a Britax Marathon... anyone have suggestions to other good ones... I want one for my DS who will be 3 next month and one for my DD who is 8 months. I cant afford to buy 2 BM or i would. It is really important that i have 2 of the same seats ... I have a FP Safe EMbrace for my son now and I love it but the foam is breaking and i cant replace it ... Also my infant seat was in an accident and I can no longer use it ... a friend of mine is letting me use her infant seat until i can get this all resolved ...

Joolsplus2
06-11-2004, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't get 2 of the same seats. The 3 yo would be best served with a "Combo" seat, that forward faces only, has a harness to 40 pounds, and then can be used as a booster (Look for the Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Chase). And of course the baby needs a convertible seat that can rearface and then forward face. The Cosco Touriva, Evenflo Triumph, or Graco ComfortSport are all good choices.

Try contacting Fisher Price...they are quick to send out refunds when they don't have replaceable parts, and you may have a shot at getting some money back when you destroy your FPSEs.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sweetbaby
06-11-2004, 08:41 PM
HI. I don't know if you saw my post but I did just purchase a RA from Britax for $82 at BRU. They also had the MA for sale there for like $165. You might want to call some of the stores around you to see if they are going to clearance any of their seats from last year or floor models. You might want to also try E-Bay for a seat but make sure it is NEW and in the box. If not the second conv. that I almost bought was the Evenflo Triumph. It also has the eps foam that Britax has, but not at the head. It gets great ratings. Hope this helps!

TBE
06-13-2004, 06:42 AM
We haven't bought the next size yet, but not sure if you know that when your carseat is in an accident, your insurance is required to replace it - hopefully they can help pay for some or all of whatever you end up choosing...

TE - Mom of Sarah