PDA

View Full Version : Marathon vs. Wizard- Is there a huge difference?

brigmaman
06-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi, We need to purchase a new seat for our 23 month old ds. He's 32 lbs. so we're looking to purchase something that will last longer but haven't been thrilled with combo convertible/boosters.
I have a few questions about the Marathon and Wizard.
1. Is the only difference the fact that you can change harness height from the front on the Wizard? If so, is it necessary to have this feature? Our Evenflo Triumph has this and it's nice, but I think I could live without it.
2. Is the Wizard available in only 2 colors?
Thanks!!

kijip
06-13-2004, 01:52 PM
The seats are the same size but he Wizard has two added features. The Wizard has the extra side impact protection ans as you noted the harness height adjuster. Some kids hate the head wings if they are not used to them. I have seen the Wizard in 3 patterns but only 2 are being made/listed on the Britaxusa website. New Blues, Windowpane and the 3rd (no longer made) the black/silver cover (Racer?). I don't think the harness height adjuster is necessary but I do think that it is nice.

Joolsplus2
06-13-2004, 02:18 PM
www.britaxusa.com has more information on the differences and patterns and side impact protection feature of the wizard. babies r us also carries "midnight"...like racer, but with blue where the grey is. the newer headwings are much wider than the old floormodels that so many kids hate (actually there's a couple inches of foam taken out of the sides, it's still extremely safe and padded), so be sure to try before you buy, if possible. The wizard is also a smidgen taller in terms of harness height, so might last just a teensy bit longer than the marathon, though both will easily last you to age 6, heightwise.
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx