PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy new carseat--baby #3 coming in December

MountainTiger
06-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi all,

I have a 4yo, 45 lb boy in a Super Elite, a 2yo, 25 lb boy in a Roundabout and have a new baby coming in December. I'm thinking of buying a Marathon for the 2yo and putting the baby in the Roundabout (I used the Roundabout from birth with both my boys.) I figure by the time Luke (my 2yo) outgrows the Marathon, Ben (my 4yo) will be out of the Super Elite so Luke can move on to that one. Anyone see any big problems with this plan? Suggestions for a different carseat besides the Marathon for my 2yo? Thank you so much for your help!

Robin

Momof3Labs
06-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Sounds like what I would do! The only thing I can think of is looking at the Wizard over the Marathon, but only if your 2 year old can tolerate the head wings.

shishamo
06-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I'm planning on doing something similar, my 39 lbs 4 year in MA now, my 29 lbs 2 year old in RA now, when my #3 due in October outgrows her infant seat I'm buying a Marathon for my 2 year old and plan to pass along the RA for the baby. I think your plan should work. Do you know when your Super Elite is manufactured (expires in 6 years)? Also, same with Roundabout(same)? Also, I think it's helpful to check the growth curve for both of your kids and see when they would hit the max.weight/height limit. It should give you some idea when they would outgrow their seats. I made this compicated chart with the seat expiration dates and the estimated time they outgrows their seats, LOL :)