PDA

View Full Version : MA in 2 Door Accord

SunshineWedding
06-16-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm about to order the MA to try in our 2 door Accord but am nervous it won't fit properly RF. We tried it at BRU but I'm not sure it was in the car properly and intend to take it to a tech for real install. I've tried the carseat compatability list but it doesn't list a car as old as mine. Anybody have any experience with a 2 door? Thanks

Joolsplus2
06-16-2004, 02:25 AM
The seat will fit fine, it's the front passenger that's going to have problems ;)
Seriously, though it should work ok. When you use the Marathon, it can be slightly more upright than 45 degrees (when the red lockoffs on the back of the seat are at a perfect diagonal), and it can also touch the seatback in front of it, so a shorter passenger should be ok in front of it. Really, it's big, but takes up less front-to-back room than some other seats, so you should be ok (though it may just be that any passengers get to ride in back with baby for awhile...till at least a year and 22 pounds, longer if you can swing it, is safer for baby's neck in a crash...)

Hope that helps,
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SunshineWedding
06-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Thank you Julie - Any chance it would be able to go in the middle or do I need a shoulder belt for that(there is not one for the middle passenger)? As I'mwriting this I'm debating the RA but am planning a new car for the fall so this would only be temporarily. Thanks again!

Joolsplus2
06-16-2004, 02:09 PM
It probably will work in the middle (you DO only need a lapbelt)...Just put it wherever it fits best :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SunshineWedding
06-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I appreciate your help - I've learned so much from these boards!

new_mommy25
06-18-2004, 03:20 AM
My dad only has a two door so when I visit him I have to deal with it. He has a Toyota Echo which I'm pretty sure is smaller than the Accord. It fits fine with plenty of room to spare. The only PITA part is getting DS out of the car without bumping his head.