PDA

View Full Version : Britax - Wizard? Marathon? RoundAbout?

TBE
06-21-2004, 03:21 AM
Hi,

We are needing to buy a car seat in the next couple of weeks and have heard good things about Britax - of course, when we actually went looking, we found out there are a couple different types - can anyone give feedback as to what you like and why you like it?

We will install in one car (so don't need one that's super easy to move from car to car), would probably like one we can take on a plane, but not totally necessary as we can borrow one for the rare occasions we fly. I just want one that's comfortable for her and will last us for as long as it can before we have to buy the next size.

I am first time mom so if you think there is anything else I need to know before I buy please let me know, I feel pretty clueless about the whole thing... thanks! :-)

Theresa - Mom of Sarah
1/6/04

Momof3Labs
06-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Do you have a big baby? What were her weight and height percentiles at her last appointment? The Marathon or Wizard will last you the longest, but if you have a petite baby, you might prefer the Roundabout as it is smaller for air travel (though the Marathon and Wizard also work on planes).

Also, what kind of car do you drive? Have you checked the compatibility database at www.carseatdata.org?

TBE
06-22-2004, 01:24 AM
She is on the bigger side - a month ago, she was 17.7 and 26 inches, so I suspect she is just about 20 lbs around now. We just bought a Grand Caravan - Dodge so I think either seat will fit. I will check the database though, thanks!

Theresa - Mom of Sarah
1/6/04

scottsmom
06-23-2004, 03:20 PM
We bought the Wizard and our son loves it! The 'wings' support his head while he is sleeping (and he sleeps within minutes of getting in the car).

He is currently 16lbs and 24" long - the lowest setting seems to work fine and support him well.

Hope this helps.

emschwar
06-24-2004, 10:49 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. At his 2 month appt, Noah was 50th percentile in weight and 75th in length. He's already 24 inches long, so the infant seat won't be good too much longer. (And I was hoping to put off car seat purchases for a while.)

tippy
06-26-2004, 12:56 AM
We have the Marathon and love it! My friend has two cars and has the Marathon in one and the Wizard in the other. She was telling me the other day she prefers the Marathon. I think she said she liked the harness/lap buckle better on the M. For air travel it might be a bit bulky so the roundabout might be a better choice for that but you are using it in the car every day and to fly only once in a while. HTH

TBE
07-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Thank you all! Advice is much appreciated!
Theresa - Mom of Sarah