PDA

View Full Version : How good are Graco Comfort Sports?

daisymommy
06-26-2004, 11:16 PM
This is a follow up to my post about my 2 year old DS needing a cushy new carseat. I went adn felt all the seats at BRU yesterday, and by far, the most padded plush one was the Graco Comfort Sport, with the cool NASA type posture-pedic foam that they use in those bed commercials ;) Not sure what its called, but I'd love to take a nap in that seat!

But--is it safe? Is it user friendly forward facing? I don't care about rear facing--sorry, but my little beastie will NOT ride rear facing anymore without throwing a fit that will cause an accident! All I care about is whether it's safe (at least decently comparable to a Britax), and will I have a hard time adjusting the straps everyday? I'm going to look on the carseat data website to see how it fits in my car (whats that site again?)

Thanks ladies!

Karenn
06-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Amy,
I have one, and it's really a pain to install, but at the same time, it's about the least comfy seat I've encountered, so maybe they've improved it in the last couple of years? The straps on mine are easy to use though.
Good luck,

Joolsplus2
06-26-2004, 11:44 PM
I don't think those seats have any problems with forward facing, that I've heard, other than the rather low top slots (14.5 inches, versus 15.5 for the roundabout, and 17.5 for the marathon), so I wouldn't expect it to last you a REAL long time, but if that's what you really want, it IS perfectly safe, and man, is that thing cushy!!! :) I've seen it, and can I say, "wow"...why can't they put that on their Cargos???? lame...
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

daisymommy
06-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the input! And Karen, I only saw one out 5 Comfort Sports that had the super soft foam. I guess it is a newer style.

Gosh, I just don't know what to do...I don't want to have Josh outgrow it in no time, only to spend even more money--then DH would really have a fit! But the Marathon just didn't feel very soft and cushy. Dog-gone-it!

My2Peanuts
06-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I have the one you are talking about. I did some research on the ComfortSports because I really thought it was a waste of money to buy the Marathon. I had no problem installing it rear-facing and I can't wait to turn it around and install it forward facing. As for safety and use, it did rate just as high as the Marathon and its for less than half the price ....especially with BRU coupons. I also have a 2 year old and he's using the Grace CarGo right now. When my oldest gets moved to the backless booster, my youngest will be moving into the CarGo...so everything works out for me. Also, my son just loves the carseat. He never fusses when we put him in it.