PDA

View Full Version : When I tether my RF Britax it looks strange.

ALLEYCAT
07-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I feel like it needs to be tight with the tether but then tee Wizard is almost laying down. Is this right or should I losen up the whole strap? It is center, RF in an Excursion and while the base is secure the top sure moves around alot so I tethered it and now I am confused about the thing. Does anyone know what it is supposed to be doing? The car seat techs at two different places were not familar with Britax at all.

Momof3Labs
07-05-2004, 04:10 PM
The angle of the seat back of the Wizard should not exceed 45 degrees (when compared to the ground). If you can pull it that tight with the tether, it almost sounds like the belt/LATCH strap isn't pulled tight enough. The seat should move no more than 1" at the belt path BEFORE you tether it. Can you post a photo??

Joolsplus2
07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
The RF tether doesn't need to be tight, just attached (not loose, just sort of...neutral...) so don't give it any good tightening tugs, as you can not have the seat reclined any more than 45 degrees (the red lockoffs on the side of the seatback are your guide, they should be a perfect diagonal or more upright).
The seatbelt holding it in should feel like a guitar string, on the other hand...good and tight.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx