PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Honda Civic Marathon or Roundabout?

andlab123
07-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi All-

Does anyone know if the Britax Roundabout or Marathon will fit into the backseat (rear facing) of a 2000 Honda Civic (4 door)? Also, I put my daughter into both carseats at the store and the harness fit her low on her hips...the lower harness fit her around her mid thigh---is this a correct fit for her? She is six months and weighs 17 lbs and is 26 incher long---fairly average. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!

New Mommy

tori
07-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi! I'm not sure if the Marathon or Roundabout will fit in your Honda Civic, but I tend to think it probably will.If you go to Babies R' Us I have heard that they will let you try out the seat in your car before buying it. It is definitely worth asking about. I have a volvo station wagon and I have a Marathon for my ten month old son, Theo. The harness fit similarly when he was that young, you just have to make sure that it is tight enough on them. Also, I just wanted to mention that we installed his seat on the passenger side of the car and now we have no room for a passenger in the front seat. We decided to make this sacrifice instead of breaking our backs trying to get him into a car seat in the center of the back seat. Well, I hope I helped a little bit.

Victoria

Little Ladybug
07-08-2004, 12:37 PM
We've got a Marathon in the back seat of my 2000 Honda Civic (rear-facing), and it fits. However, we had to pull the passenger seat all the way up to get it in. It wasn't a big deal for me, because we are getting ready to replace this car, but for the moment it's kind of a pain because anyone who rides in my passenger seat is pretty much kissing the windshield - Yikes! I think I have read somewhere that you can fit a Marathon in the middle of a Civic's back seat without having to pull the front seats forward, but we didn't try that when we installed it. A Roundabout would definitely fit in the Civic back seat, without the passenger seat pulled up. My husband has a Roundabout in his 2003 Saab 93 (back seat about the size of the Civic - maybe a tiny bit bigger), and it fits with no problems. HTH!

andlab123
07-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I think the Roundabout might be the best for such a small car.

fauve01
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
I have a RA in the center position of my 99 civic (4 door) rear facing. i tried out the RA and the MA at BRU and the RA fit better IMHO. i didn't try the outboard positions, and we haven't turned it to be forward facing. DD has planty of room and we are able to move the seats in the car back and forth (although the seat cnanot be back and also reclined).

HTH!

Anne