PDA

View Full Version : Outgrown Snugride?

kbudsberg
07-08-2004, 06:05 PM
My DD is 25 1/2 inches and 13 pounds. Her Snugride says the height limit is 26 inches. All of her length is in her legs. She is not tall enough yet for the higher harness slots, they are only at her ear level. She is a good 4 inches from the top of the seat yet. It seems I've heard that we can use the infant seat until she is one inch from the top. Is this true? We have purchased the Triumph 5 but the infant seat is much more convient if it is still safe to use it. Thanks.

Kim

murphydog77
07-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi Kim. Yes, you are right that you can use the seat until her head nears 1" from the top of the car seat. Manufacturers must, by law, put height limits on their seats, but some kids have all their height in their legs, like your dd. It would be better if they would put a sitting height limit!

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

kijip
07-08-2004, 09:48 PM
If you have more than an inch of shell above her head you should be fine. That is what I have heard. I moved Toby out of his Snugride at 26 inches because we hated the carrier and I preferred the stay in the car seat BUT we could have stayed a bit longer since he has long legs and was not near the top.

Abbey
07-10-2004, 12:05 AM
HI
I have a Snugride and it seems I read 1" from the top OR if their shoulders are 1" above the highest slot.
HTH