PDA

View Full Version : Safety 1st Comfort Ride 22400-HEN - any feedback (I'm at work and my book is at home :( )

mewallace
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
My company offers a free carseat to expectant mothers. We have an infant seat that I'm thrilled with, but I can receive a Safety 1st Comfort Ride 22400 free. Is it worth it? Does anyone know anything about this seat?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
This seat used to be dreadful...the straps twisted like a bad nightmare! The latest version I've seen at Kmart is around $40 and had much nicer straps and good padding (better than it used to have). It's basically the same seat as the Cosco Touriva ("tourvia" at walmart.com) and cosco regal ride at target.
It's a basic seat, very straightforward to install and use (sits quite upright for rearfacing, so you'll need a rolled towel or length of pool noodle to get a 45 degree recline).
Lots of moms here have a version of this seat (touriva or regal ride) as a spare or less-used second seat, but it's perfectly safe, easy enough to use, and padded enough for everyday use. If it's a 5-pt harness version, then it's great (Sorry, I guess I could look up the model number online, but you can ask or see the seat first, right?). If it's an overhead shield version, then politely decline, and tell them 5-pt harnesses are safer than shield seats :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx