PDA

View Full Version : Need Forward Facing Seat for 2nd Car

Jen in Chicago
07-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Living in 2 cities means 2 carseats and 2 cars. Car #2 is in the works.

What seat would you recommend? We have our Evenflo Triumph for our current car. I want something forward facing and will allow for the top of the height range (Jude is in the 90% for height.) Something that would be easy to travel with would be a plus.

Britax seats are not in the price range due to extreme moving costs.

Joolsplus2
07-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Definitely look for a Graco Ultra or Platinum (not Treasured) Cargo. They are good support for such a little guy, have tall top harness slots, light to move around (even,I just read, fit great on an airplane seat), can can be found at Sears for around $60, up to $100 at BRU, Target, or Walmart.
My other recommendation is usually the Evenflo Chase, however that seat does NOT fit babies in the lowest slots. The harness adjuster is on the harness, and it won't allow it to get tight enough.
I wish there were more choices out there, but given his height, those seats have the tallest top harness slots, so I hope the Cargo works for you (though I guess the Chase might actually work if he's tall and needs the second harness slots up? So, then, go with the one that you like best and fits him best :) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kijip
07-17-2004, 03:15 AM
I was guided to the Graco Ultra CarGo for a friend's two year old by Julie a few months ago and it has been great. I give them rides sometimes and the seat is so easy to install and the two year old, who is a bean size wise, fits very well. I may even get one for Toby as a back up seat soon. I don't think you could go wrong with it. Be sure to get the Ultra or up since the cheapest one has no front harness adjuster. It would be great for traveling.