PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Evenflo Triumph

nyce2000
07-13-2004, 11:47 PM
I've been dealing with Evenflo for a month now with this problem, wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Apparently, a batch of car seats made around Jan. 2004 were defective, causing the straps to fall off dd shoulders when using seat. They didn't recall them, just correcting the problem if you call. They offered to send a new seat pad and back to correct the problem, but we have also had a problem getting the harness to adjust (it doesn't adjust when dd is sitting in the seat, making it impossible to get tight enough). They offered to send us a new seat for $25 delivery fee. That was a month ago, and still no seat. UPS delivered a seat to the wrong address - without a box! - so the seat was damaged by the time our neighbours found it and figured out who it went to (it didn't have a name or address on it either). Now, they won't deliver a new seat to me until they resolve this problem with UPS, even though they delivered the seat to the wrong address!

Meanwhile, we are riding around with dd (6 months old) in a car seat with basically no shoulder straps and no way to tighten straps properly.

Stpatrick_Aidan
07-14-2004, 03:04 AM
This is the first I have heard of a batch of Triumphs being defective. To my knowledge and from my experience with this seat personally, it isn't a defect but the fact that the lowest harness slots are very low. So low that they are usually more than halfway down the child's back before the child's shoulder's have even reached the next slots. I had this seat and had a baby rf in it and used the first set of harness slots. We delt with it by positioning the chest clip exactly at arm pit level and making sure the harness would good and snug all the time and the second he was at level with the second slots I moved them up and of course then there were no problems. What exactly is Evenflo saying is wrong with the straps that they do this? I am interested because I still have the seat (currently loaned out to a friend) I would believe the that your harness adjuster knob might be broken and that of course warrants a replacement. I have lost things through UPS before I know how you feel. Did you file the claim or did Evenflo? They resolved my claim in a matter of days. Good luck.

nyce2000
07-15-2004, 09:42 PM
They said they changed the seat back to prevent the straps from falling off the baby's shoulders. They said it doesn't happen with all children, I guess some have wider shoulders. Evenflo filed the claim with UPS, but won't send me a new seat until that claim has been resolved, which I'm not sure what that means. UPS picked up the damaged seat days ago and I haven't heard anything back from them, and no response to my voice mail message. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I had only heard positive things about the seat before I got it.

sally f
07-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I have the same problem! I thought it was because my ds is outgrowing it, but he's only 7 mos! (he's over 28", though) I called Evenflo, and they didn't mention anything about a defect. I told them the straps were falling off his shoulders unless I used the highest slots, which they said I shouldn't do since he's rearfacing. All she did was refer me to the CA highway patrol to have a safety check done.

I really don't like this seat at all. The clip slides around too easily, the angle of the seat is too sharp so my ds's legs are pointing up and he doesn't like to ride in it for a long time. His head is already about 1" from the top. I have a feeling that when we have the safety check done, they are going to say that it's time for a new seat anyway. It's definitely not made for taller babies!!!

Fenway1
08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Jill:
Please tell me what ever happended wiht this? Did the corrected seat arrive -- does it now work???

My son is having the same problems!!
Thank you so much,
Patty