PDA

View Full Version : Need a convertible seat for occasional use - recommendations?

dules
07-14-2004, 11:18 AM
We need to get a second convertible seat for some friends and us to share in the event that one of us has to pick up both of our kids from daycare. (We are one another's emergency contacts, and each of us has only one infant).

I currently have a Marathon RF on the rear passenger side of a 2003 Forester. My friend's baby is still in the Snugride (we still have ours too) but she will outgrow it soon so we've decided to split the cost of a convertible and keep it in one of our garages where it's accessible to either of us should we need it.

Safety is of course very important, but in this case so is price, as we don't anticipate using this seat except in the rare emergency.

Any recommendations or seats to avoid, greatly appreciated!

Best,
Mary

murphydog77
07-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi Mary. The Cosco Touriva/Regal Ride and the Graco ComfortSport are probably the least expensive choices that I would consider. Evenflo has a couple of sub-$100 seats, but the harness adjusters are so dang hard on them!

You should both try them out with your babies to make sure both kids fit in the seats, then figure out which seat fits both of your vehicles well with less than 1" of movement at the belt path.

HTH!

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com