PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Baby Trend Latch-Lock base sticking?

mommy_someday
07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
I thought I had decided on registering for the Baby Trend Latch-Lock infant carseat, but when I went to Baby Trend's website and read some of the user comments, nearly all of them complained that the seat sticks really badly to the base. Something that confused me is that it was an Evenflo base. Baby Trend didn't list any other bases that I could see. Do they not make a base specifically for this carseat? Is the Evenflo base the only option?

If you have this carseat, can you tell me if you have trouble with the base and seat sticking together? I don't want to register for an infant seat that's more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks!

Erica, EDD 1/18/05

Torster
07-15-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't have an answer for you (my first is due 11/4/04), but I was wondering whether you were reading about the regular seat or the extendable back version (or both?).

I already registered for the regular one at Amazon/BRU, but recently noticed that it was listed as "currently unavailable." When I checked Baby Trend's site, the regular version wasn't even shown; I emailed them and they replied (two minutes later! I was amazed) that the regular version is being replaced by the extendable back version, which will be in stock at BRU in mid-August.

BB recommends the extendable back version anyway, so I thought I'd add that one to my registry when it's available. As far as I recall, the Amazon reviews of the BT seat don't mention the base as a problem, but I'll be interested to see if anyone here has had bad experiences.

Tory

mommy_someday
07-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Tory,

I'm not sure which one it was. I think it might have been the regular one because I don't remember seeing "extendable back" in the name, but I might have missed it in the description. The BT site had a lot of reviews for the seat, most of which I read and everyone seemed to love the seat for the most part. When I clicked on "accessories" to see about the extra base for DH's vehicle, the only base shown was the Evenflo one which nearly all of the reviewers hated. Some people said they didn't have trouble with it, but a lot of people did. For me the whole point of getting an infant seat was for the detachable/extra base. I don't want to get it if it's just going to be trouble. I will check it again later today and see if it says adjustable back. I might even call BT and ask someone about it. I'll let you know what I find out. If you see anything, post back, okay?

Thanks!

Erica, EDD 1/18/05

Joolsplus2
07-15-2004, 08:58 PM
I guess you guys have figured this out in another post? Just to clarify, the Latch Loc seats come with their own bases, and absolutely can not and must not be used, ever, with an Evenflo base. The current Adjustable back version is called the "Tahoe" so search for that...but if they don't have the LL 20, then who knows whether they have the Tahoe.
Anyway, I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the Latch Locs sticking in the base, for what it's worth :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

chantal66
07-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I own a Baby Trend Latch and Lock car seat with the extendable back. It comes with its own base and you can order extras from Baby Trend. I would never use an evenflo base with it !

It has never stuck to the base and it is actually easy to clip and unclip. It has an oversize canopy which I really like especially living in Texas !

I also like the feature that it goes to 22lbs. My 3 months old is already over 16 lbs. It is worth to get a seat with higher limits especially if you know you will have a big baby.

I really like the triangular handle so you can grab it from anywhere. I find the seat a little heavy especially compounded with the weight of the baby but if you get a snap and go stroller (or stroller with attachment which I did not like) or something like this, you will not have to carry too much.

Good Luck !

Chantal

lbracco
07-17-2004, 01:13 AM
I have enjoyed using the Baby Trend Latch-Loc with its original base for almost seven months with no problem with the base and the seat sticking together. When inserting the seat into its base or removing it from its base, I simply press the release latch 100%. FYI - when inserting it into the base, the benefit of pressing the latch is that both the clicking noise and the physical snap of the seat into the base are reduced, providing more comfort and less of a surprise to my daughter.

The model with the extended back was not available at the time I purchased this seat. I would recommend the newer model if it will accommodate a longer infant. I am already moving my daughter into a bigger seat due to her length; she has not neared the weight limit.

I particularly like the trianglular handle on this seat and the large canopy. I also enjoy the lightweight travel system when I add this seat to the Snap-n-Go stroller frame. Many other parents have commented favorably about both the handle design and the lightweight travel system.