PDA

View Full Version : Britax convertable seats in Volvo XC90.

twins in the oven
07-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Twins and need to get 2. Having same problem as everyone else, Marathon vs. Wizard (thinking since there are two back there they will want to be able to see each other and the wings might be a problem, but like it for sleeping) for my son and will probably get Roundabout for my daughter. Curious if anyone uses any of them in a Volvo SUV. thank you.

muskiesusan
07-19-2004, 06:31 PM
We have a Marathon installed FF behind the driver's seat and a Roundabout RF behind the front passenger's seat of our XC90. You might want to try them out in your car before you buy. My husband would not be able to drive with either of these seats RF on the driver's side. The front seats have to be moved up pretty far for the RA to fit RF, which doesn't bother me since I am 5'2, but my passengers have complained! We have not had the Marathon RF at all nor have we placed these seat in the middle seat, so I can't comment on how they fit in those circumstances.

Despite the tight fit, I do love these seats!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

twins in the oven
07-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Thank so much for your reply. I have a store credit from a store that is not close so I may not be able to try at least one of the seats before I purchase. Had the same problem with the infant seats and the room in the front. Is it not recommended to install one seat in the middle? (that's how we got away with it for the infant seats, one in the middle so the driver side is free) Did you consider a wizard or just go with the marathon? Just curious, which fabrics did you choose? If you were to purchase again, would you get one of each or two of one kind? which kind? My girl is much smaller than my boy so I thought a roundabout might be suficiant but I would like input.

I'm 5'2"! and love my XC90!
Thanks again,
Carey