PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the Baby Trend Adjustable Back Latch-loc Car Seat?

lestari
07-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find the Adjustable Back Latch-loc infant seat? I did online search...store search but always ended up with the "regular" Baby Trend Latch-loc. Thanks for your help :)

Tari

Joolsplus2
07-20-2004, 11:04 AM
So far, it's only been available separately from the travel system by calling Baby Trend and ordering it directly. Otherwise, it's only been sold at babies r us as the "Tahoe" travel system. I believe I recently read it's "about to be" sold separately at BRU, but I don't know what the time frame is on that. Do you have a local BRU you could call and ask...they might know something about when their new seats are going to be in stock.

Good luck finding it!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Torster
07-20-2004, 12:14 PM
I emailed Baby Trend about this last week, when I noticed that the "regular" one I had registered for at Amazon/BRU was listed as not currently available. I got a response two minutes later (I was shocked by the speed) saying that the adjustable back version was replacing the regular one and will be in stock at BRU in mid-August. If you need before that, I'm not sure what your options are other than contacting BT directly and begging. Good luck.

Tory

mommy_someday
07-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Tari,

That's the one I want, too, and I was having the same problem. I called Baby Trend and they said BRU and other stores won't have the seat or extra bases until sometime in August. Hope you don't need it ASAP! Here's the BT web address if you want to look at the seat: http://www.babytrend.com/carseats/6169.htm

HTH!

Erica, EDD 1/18/05 #1

lestari
07-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Thank you for all the info. I got the same reply from Baby Trend's Customer Service that the Adjustable Back Latch-loc will be available mid August (I'm due around Sept. 20th). It's cutting it close, I might have to shop around for a second alternative. Wish me luck! :)

chantal66
07-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Great seat, it is worth the wait ! I have the Tahoe one and I love it.

Good Luck !

Chantal

nathans mom
07-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Unfortunately our baby was born in April and we couldn't find it individually so we got the regular Latch-Loc, BUT I have to say I love it even though my son will probably outgrow it in a few months. (not yet 4 mos and 14 lbs already!)

We are the envy of many friends because it is so easy to put in our car (unfortunately one Latch car, one non latch car so the other we still struggle with). Also, the sun shade is the best out there!

Nathan's Mom

Joyce6830
07-23-2004, 01:57 AM
On another board there is a manager of the car seat Dept. at BRU and she posted that her store had lots of them in stock now.

lestari
07-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Erica,
I was looking for a possible alternative and went to a bigger BRU and guess what...there it was...the Baby Trend Adjutable Back Latch-Loc on display! The salesperson said they just got them about 2 days ago. I went with a friend who has twin boys (they're 3 yrs now) and she was very impressed with how easy it was to take the seat off the base. Plus, it's not as heavy as I thought it was going to be (less than 8 lbs). It really made my day :) Good luck finding one in your area!

candiwam
07-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Or at least the BRU by us (in Portland, OR) had them in stock last weekend...thank goodness! They'd just gotten them in. I just checked the BRU web site, and it's still not available there (neither is the older nonadjustable back version).

I know most people despise the travel systems, but just wanted to let people know that the infant seat in the the new Glen Rock travel system is NOT exactly the same as the seat you can buy separately. Apparently the base to the seat in the travel system does NOT use the rigid ISOFIX connectors for the LATCH system and instead uses a strap/belt, like most of the other infant LATCH seats. The base also does not have the knob to adjust the level; instead it uses a different mechanism. The base in the travel system is MUCH lighter as a result, though. The worker at BRU also said the infant seat in the travel system didn't have as much EPS foam around the head...but he didn't seem to know much in general, so take his statement with a large grain of salt. =) Some things about the stroller seemed a little bit better than the Tahoe version. The parent tray didn't get covered up, for example, when you pushed the canopy all the way back. The stroller does fold down, though, rather than up...and I think the Tahoe version folded up. I didn't look at the stroller for very long, though, because we still plan to buy the Snap N Go for the infant seat.

HTH!
Candice

loeschml
08-01-2004, 10:38 PM
I'll second that -- on Saturday I called two Babies R Us stores in the Chicago area (Schaumburg and Vernon Hills) and both had the seats in stock. The Toys R Us stores I called in the Milwaukee and Chicago areas did not have the seats yet. So I would suggest checking at your nearest Babies R Us. If they're too far away from you, see if you can order it from them and have it shipped to you -- I noticed on the recorded message that some of them say "to place an order by phone, call 888-###-####". (The Schaumburg store had this on their recording, but Vernon Hills did not.) Even if they don't have it on the message, it can't hurt to ask -- good luck!

Lori

KrisM
08-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Just a comment on the seat...

I have one of these (the Tahoe version) and found that since my car seat has a slight angle to it, I still have to use the seatbelt to install the base. The only angle adjustment on the base raises the head. With the seat angle, I need to lower the head to get the right angle for the infant seat. I ended up using towels under the base and the seatbelt to get a correct installation.

Other than that, I really like the seat a lot. But, I'm not sure I'd buy it again - part of the reason we chose it was for the rigid LATCH attachment.

Kris