PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Commuter?

Fiana
07-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to find a car seat for my parent's car (we live in DC, they in Florida--first visit in a couple weeks) for my 10 month old son. We have a Marathon for our car, I noticed that others on here like the Cosco Touriva/Regal or the Graco ComfortSport as a second seat. I saw the Cosco Commuter on Walmart's website and it works up to 80lbs. Was wondering if this was another good alternative, as its weight limit is higher. Anyone have this?

Also, for comfort's sake, how do the Cosco seats fare as compared to the Graco? What about ease of installation?

Thanks much!

Fiana

Joolsplus2
07-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Are you ever going to visit before he is a year old and 20 pounds? If so, rule this one out, it's for forward facing only. If not, it's ok as a spare seat, not very well padded, and has short top harness slots, so he'll probably outgrow the harness well before 40 pounds (That is the maximum weight limit on the harness, as a booster it will probably last till he's 7 or so, well short of 80 pounds, as the seatback is very short). But, as a low-budget, rarely used seat,it might be ok and last a couple years, and it should be quite easy to install (the seat has sharp edges on the bottom, so you might want to put a thin towel underneath it to protect the vehicle seat).

Hope that helps a little :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Fiana
07-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Ah, thanks, I didn't realize it was forward facing only. He is over 20, but not over a year. Regardless, I still want him rear facing. In that case, which is easier to install/comfier...the Touriva, Regal Ride, or Comfort Sport?

Thanks, much!