PDA

View Full Version : How to use Triumph memory harness

murphydog77
07-20-2004, 05:44 PM
How do you use the Triumph memory harness? When I've played with one, I was able to get slack in the harness by sliding the buckle tongs up and pulling them back down to snug up. Is there something else I'm missing?

I have someone on another board who is asking this and she said that she is doing what I mentioned above and it's not working. What's the trick?

Thanks,

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

murphydog77
07-21-2004, 01:33 PM
bump :)

brigmaman
07-22-2004, 06:51 AM
I've had this seat for over a year, and have never understood what they meant by "memory harness!"

Karenn
07-22-2004, 11:35 AM
The only other thing that helped me understand it was the knowledge that the straps loop around through the back. So, not only will I slide up the buckle tongs, but I'll pull down on the bottom strap to get the straps even looser. This pulls through the excess strap that I created by raising the buckle tongs making the whole strap looser, not just the top part. Then, when I want to tighten it again, I pull on either the top strap or the buckle tongs to bring the belt through the back again.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not! It really is the most difficult concept to explain with words!

murphydog77
07-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks, Karen. I'll pass this along to her. It doesn't make sense to me, but I also don't have the seat right in front of me.

Heather

Lisa Slow
10-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Did you ever figure the memory harness out? I just bought the Triumph and am ready to return it. The memory harness seems too difficult. The straps just don't slide very easily. While I'm trying to slide the staps, the buckles are getting in the way.

shamrock
10-26-2004, 06:32 PM
It is hard to explain, but I'll give it a try. When you pull up on the part that latches between the legs it allows you to pull the strap down at the bottom of the seat to make the whole loop bigger. The strap doubles over from the baby's shoulder to the between the leg latch. This keeps the same amount of strap out at all times, so you don't need to pull more length out.

I'm sure that probably didn't make any sense, but I gave it a try!

After messing w/ the carseat my parents have, I love this feature of the trimuph even more!