PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Cosco Touriva/Graco Comfort Sport?

Fiana
07-21-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm looking at the Cosco Touriva on Walmart's website and it is $55. This is less than what BBB says that it is--I was wondering if this is a lower quality or less comfortable model than the more expensive ones. Anyone know?

Also, the Comfort Sport model that they have, does anyone have this one? Comments?

I'm trying to decide between the two for grandma's house.

Thanks!

Fiana

cmferrara
07-21-2004, 11:49 AM
I've been researching a new seat for our son (now 6 1/2 months) and already too long for his infant seat at 26 1/2 inches. What I've found so far from both BBB and Consumer reports is that the Graco comfort sport is a better seat overall than the Cosco Touriva.

Consumer reports lists the Comfort Sport at $75 and the Touriva at $50..

here is a link to the consumer reports website also..

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/content/display_report.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=343873&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=333145&bmUID=1090421379874

Hope that helps..

Joolsplus2
07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Here's the link to the $38 dollar one...it's spelled "tourvia" for some reason http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2233776&cat=91368&type=1&dept=5427&path=0%3A5427%3A91365%3A91368 You do not want the overhead shield model at ALL, they are less safe than the 5-pt version.
The reviews comparing the comfortsport and touriva are comparing the old touriva which was a hunka junk...it has since been massively improved.
For a spare seat at grandma's, either would be fine, im sure. I read more complaints that the comfortsport is a pain to adjust rearfacing, though there are a few complaints that the touriva is difficult to adjust rearfacing, but fewer than the comfortsport by a long shot.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

american_mama
07-21-2004, 12:38 PM
I have used a Graco ComfortSport for almost a year and a half, and I like it. The cover is completely removable and washable and the sides, or my daughter's fit in the seat, is such that her head doesn't fall forward when she falls asleep. It can be hard to adjust the straps rear-facing; you kind of have to dig down between the car seat and back seat to reach the lever, but it wasn't impossible. Baby rides front facing for much longer anyway.

There are big differences in the padding in each Comfort Sport model though, so try that out carefully. I got one at Sears that had such skimpy padding in the seat it was ridiculous, and I returned it. The plastic shell of the seat is not flat for some reason and the skimpy padding made it feel like baby's butt was getting no support in the hollow center. Other Comfort Sports have plenty of padding in the seat. Other differences in Comfort Sports when I bought mine are whether there is a head pillow, an infant neck support, a cupholder, and a snackholder. You can order the cupholder and snackholder separately from Graco's website, but they are pretty expensive. I got mine from Burlington Coat Factory with a cupholder, and I really like having it.

We've also travelled with this seat and it's not too heavy.

-- Karen

Fiana
07-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the input. I just bought the ComfortSport on-line from Target for $71...free shipping and a 10% off code. It's getting shipped straight to grandma's, and I'm just hoping that the padding is good on this one.

Thanks,

sdbc
07-29-2004, 12:44 PM
If the padding isn't great, can you put a snuzzler or some other insert in there?