PDA

View Full Version : Moving young toddler from RA to Wizard?

kijip
07-21-2004, 04:59 PM
We are interested in getting Toby a Wizard for daily use in our car and then using the RA as a second seat. The RA is about a year old (based on production date) so we plan to hold onto it for another baby as well. The Wizard will allow us to keep him harnessed longer and we like the additional head wings as well as the knob harness adjuster. Having heard that some older babies and tots reject the Wizard we have sat Toby in a Wizard at the Right Start. It seemed ok (he is not a clam in any carseat) BUT I was curious what other parents' have experienced when trying to put an older babe in the Wizard with the restrictive head wings.

Joyce6830
07-21-2004, 11:14 PM
We moved our ds to a Wizard from a Safe Embrace when he was about 2.5. He loves his seat and his head is supported so well when he sleeps. I love the dial adjuster. I used to use the seat for both my ds and my 6 yr old dd and didn't have to uninstall it in between kids. We don't find the wings to be restrictive at all. He can still see out the side windows although being all the way in the back of our van he doesn't really try that much because he can see everything in front of him.

Joyce, CPST

brigmaman
07-22-2004, 06:49 AM
My ds is almost a year older than yours (2 next week)and we just moved him to a Wizard about a month ago. I was worried about the wings, too, but so far they've been fine. Brig does sometimes reach his neck forward to look at something (or when he's dancing), but they've been great when he has fallen asleep.

hipmaman
07-22-2004, 08:38 PM
My ds was about 2.5 yrs old when we moved him from an RA to the WZ. He likes the WZ and doesn't mind the headrest. He is 3 now and can fit in his sister's Husky but still prefers the WZ.