PDA

View Full Version : Help! Britax Roundabout for airtravel?

BrazB
07-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I will be traveling with DD by myself from CA to FL and don't know which carseat to buy (we bought her a ticket and she has outgrown her Snug Ride). Has anyone had any problems fitting the Roundabout on a 767 airplane? What car seats would you recommend? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

hez
07-22-2004, 01:38 PM
We fit it rearfacing on a 757 (300 seats) last month. According to www.seatguru.com, the plane we were on had a 17" width and 30-33" pitch between seats. Might be worth checking out the stats for your airline/plane type.

HTH!
Heather

BrazB
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks, Heather. The airline said the seat width is 18" and the specs on Britax's website says the RA is 18.5". But if you were able to fit it in a 17" seat rear-facing, then I think I'll be ok, I hope!!! I'm still curious if anyone has the Graco ComfortSport, which Baby Bargains says it's good for air travel. Thanks in advance.

hez
07-22-2004, 04:15 PM
All we had to do was raise the armrest between DS's seat and mine, and the carseat fit in just fine. Plenty of room. His seat was next to the window, and I was in the middle, DH on the aisle.

BrazB
07-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Hm, did you have the armrest raised during take-off and landing? Seems you got away with it... :) Maybe RA will not be good for air travel after all...

stillplayswithbarbies
07-23-2004, 12:12 AM
There are no rules about the armrest for takeoff and landing. It can be up or down.

I use the Marathon for air travel, which is bigger than the RA, and it works fine in all kinds of planes.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03