PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon or Roundabout for VW Passat?

Nosy
07-22-2004, 05:09 PM
We have a 2002 Passat wagon and are shopping for a carseat for my 5 month old DS. We currently have a Babytrend Breckenridge infant carrier, and while we love the carseat, it is a tight fit with the driver side seat all the way back (my DH is tall). Does anyone have a Passat, and if so, how does the Britax Marathon or Roundabout fit in the rear-facing position? Thanks. Any other suggestions for the best rear-facing carseat to fit the VW Passat?

Thanks for any advice!

Joyce6830
07-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi,

I just went through all my paperwork. I remembered several Passats so I wanted to go back and see what we installed in them. The only rear facing seat was an Evenflo Triumph and it fit great with plenty of room. The other 2 were Britax Marathons BUT they were forward facing so I can't tell you how they would fit rear facing. Does the seat HAVE to be behind the driver? I'd go to the store and try each one out. Good luck.

Joyce, CPST

Nosy
07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks Joyce! We found that in the middle seat, the car seat still touches the driver side back when in a rear-facing position, so I guess the only other option would be putting it behind the passenger seat, which wouldn't be that big a deal, except that I'd been told the middle is safest. That's the second mention of Evenflo Triumph for Passats that I've heard, so I'll go check those out. I really like the Britax, but I heard the safety rating on the Evenflo Triumph is just as good. Thanks again!

Momof3Labs
07-24-2004, 05:24 PM
We have a 2002 Passat wagon and had the lower latches retrofit into our back seat. This gives us latch positions on the two outboard seats. We have a Roundabout installed rear-facing behind the passenger seat. It gives me (5'4") plenty of room, but DH is cramped in the passenger seat. We have a Marathon but haven't tried it rear-facing, though I suspect that it would fit fine (though probably not at a full 45 degree recline, I'd suspect).