PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer Manchester 3-in-1 Elite Car Seat

eka_masli
07-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Hello all,

I just saw an Eddie Bauer Manchester Elite on babyrus.com. I read on Baby Bargains that the EB 3-in-1 are rated poorly, but was wondering if anyone has any info about the Manchester. I tried to compare it visually online, and noticed a couple of differences, thus wondering if they've improved whatever was lacking on EB 3-in-1/Alpha Omega on the Manchester. Thanks for any info..

EM

kijip
07-25-2004, 10:31 PM
I believe that they are the same. Maybe someone else will have better info...

tiggernpooh02
07-26-2004, 12:32 AM
The Manchester and the Blue Tech Elite and the Alpha Omega Elite are the same seats!
Here is some info:

The Eddie Bauer Tech Elite is the EXACT same seat as the Cosco Alpha Omega Elite. Below are the pros and cons:

Pros:
*Rearfaces to 35lbs and is quite tall for rearfacing. This is important, since it is a MUST to keep baby rearfacing for at least 1 yr and 20lbs, preferably longer.

*Well padded

*Base can be removed to make installation easier

*Harness is taller than on previous models

*BPB booster guides have been revamped and are better.

*Harness adjustor is a couple inches higher than the regular Alpha Omega, therefore making it easier to adjust rearfacing.

Cons:

*Will not be the last seat you ever need. Most kids will outgrow it by height before they are ready to be out of a booster

*Twisty straps

*Very large, may not install well in some vehicles. I have heard complaints that is too tall when rearfacing.

*Tricky LATCH straps. It takes me a good 20 minutes to move them to the proper location for rear or forward facing and I am a tech! This poor mother sat out in the BRU parking lot for an hour trying to figure it out.

*Instructions are not super clear

*Somewhat sticky harness adjustor

Overall, it is an ok seat. I can use it fairly easily, although some people have trouble with it. I would try it in your car and see how it fits.

Jacky

jenn310
08-11-2004, 05:41 PM
I originally purchased the 3-in-1 Eddie Bauer for my child when we moved him out of an infant seat and we absolutely hated it. It was large, bulky, cumbersome to install....not to mention the straps that twist. We returned it to BRU within a week for a Britax and the difference was amazing. You can't even compare the quality. Highly recommend the Britax. We were extremely disappointed with the Eddie Bauer.