PDA

View Full Version : ? Do I get a Husky or Marathon?

OneOfEachHowSweet
07-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Hello ~ I have a quick ? ~ my kids are 4 and 1 ~ right now they're in a Marathon & RA. I'm thinking of getting a new seat for my 1 year old. I'll still use the RA for her as a spare in grandparents cars. Do I get her a MA or let her have her big brother's MA and get him a Husky? I had a Husky for my son earlier this year and ended up selling it on eBay ~ I didn't feel like it was installed securely, should've brought it to a car seat check but it's so new I wonder if they would've had much experience with it. BTW we drive a teeny Nissan Sentra ~ both of our kids have to be on the sides of the back seat, no room for either of them in the center. Someday we'll have a "family" vehicle but not for awhile.

TIA ~ Shannon

jrosales
07-27-2004, 05:18 PM
I would get a Husky, put your DS in it, and put your DD in the Marathon rear facing. And definitely get both seats checked at a fitting station.

Not all fitting stations are created equal, so i would do some research on techs before you go. I found 2 great techs in my area by posting on the PP Carseat board. I had taken my car to the local fire department and it was a fiasco. They told my I had to turn my son front facing because he was too big! (He was 29 pounds, in a RF Marathon!) So, i posted there, and found local techs in my area who were familiar with Britax seats.

Good luck to you!
Jodie

Joolsplus2
07-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Maybe you could keep your seats where they are currently, and look for a combo seat for grandma's car that they can both use? Then when your ds is 40 pounds and 43 inches you can get him a Bodyguard and put your baby in the Marathon?
Otherwise, I'd be inclined to go with the Husky...do you remember what it was about the installation that didn't seem very secure to you?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx