PDA

View Full Version : Triumph vs. RA

gator95
07-28-2004, 05:07 PM
I've read lots of comments on both of these seats and just can't decide. At babyage.com the triumph is $114 and the RA is $169. I looked at a triumph at BRU and the padding didn't seem too plush but have never seen a RA in person. I've got a 1998 honda civic and a 2002 mitsubishi galant. We'll probably do one "good" seat for the car DD will be in usually and then do a Regal Ride for the back up. Any thoughts on triumph vs. RA?? Which is more comfy for baby? easier to install? takes up less room in a cramped backseat?

Thanks!

Jessica
DD Delaney Jill
born 3.2.04

jbrandy
07-28-2004, 08:38 PM
We have used our Evenflo Triumph for almost a year now and we absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I can not speak for the RA -- but I can tell you we have been very happy with our Triumph V. Some people complain that the seat belts twist -- we've never had any difficulties. Both Grandmothers have other seats and this is still our favorite. My son is very comfortable and it adjusts easily. It is easy to install especially if your use a Mighty Tight seat belt tightener. This seat is wider than the Gracos but no wider than the RA. I love that the adjustor for the seat belt is right on the side, so much easier than the Graco seatbelt adjustors. I'm glad we didn't spend the extra money for a Britax. We've been more than happy with the Triumph.

Best wishes in your decision making.

Beth B
Evan 4-4-03

Joshuasmommy
07-28-2004, 09:20 PM
We have the triumph and I like it. I don't have any experience with the RA though so I can't compare. We initially got it because I had a smaller car and I wanted the Marathon but didnt' think it would fit in my car, so we got the Triumph planning on getting the Marathon when we got a new car and then putting the Triumph in DHs. But I am happy with it and have no need to get a new seat anytime soon. :) I haven't had any problems with the straps after 4 months of use.

gator95
07-28-2004, 09:34 PM
I hear so many positives about the RA, it's nice to know there are folks out there who like the Triumph. I wanted to add that DD was 17 1/2 lbs and 25 1/2 inches at her 4 mo. appt. last week, so even though DH and I are on the short side, DD is currently in the 80% for height and 97% for weight.

If DD stays on the bigger end of the curve, should that factor in to my seat choice?

A marathon is currently out of my price range, so I know I'll have to do something else when she hits 40 lbs. either way.

Thanks for the input! Any car seat techs want to weigh in?

OneOfEachHowSweet
07-29-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm no tech but many including myself think I'm a car seat geek :) I have no experience with the Triumph but have both a RA and MA ~ and the MA is the way to go, it'll last such a long time. You can get it at Babysupermarket.com ~ for $199.99 w/free shipping with coupon code B274. Best of luck with your decision.

Shannon
Mommy of 2

JElaineB
07-29-2004, 09:52 AM
With a baby on the high end of the curve you might just save money in the end by getting the Marathon as it has higher harness slots for taller babies, whereas it is possible on another seat a tall baby could definitely outgrow by height before hitting the weight limit (or before they are mature enough for a booster).

However, if you truly can't afford the Marathon I can vouch for the Britax RA. We have been using ours for over a year and absolutely love it. In fact DS does not want to get out of it when it when we have reached our destination! My DS is on the small side (32-33" and 25-26 lbs at 22 months) and he will be fitting in it for a long time to come. We are no where near reaching the rear-facing limits of the seat. If extended rear-facing is important to you (and it is the safest way to go) then you may get more RF time out of an RA than a Triumph. Based on what I have read on these boards it sounds like the max height on the Triumph is less then the RA, especially for RF. I don't have the specifics, so you can try searching the boards, the info is out there somewhere, or maybe a tech can comment.

HTH

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

gator95
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
I went exploring on the babysupermarket.com site and saw a place to use a gift certificate, but not a coupon code. Am I missing something??

OneOfEachHowSweet
07-29-2004, 03:00 PM
In reguards to the coupon code at babysupermarket.com ~ add the Marathon to your cart ~ on the *My Shopping Cart* page you'll see Coupon: and then a box, enter B274 ~ then click the update cart button. After doing that your new subtotal will be $199.99.

Shannon
Mommy of 2