PDA

View Full Version : Car seat protection mats

eb1
07-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Has anyone used the "Grip It Car Seat Protector" by Sunshine Kids, and if so, does it work well?

Also, are Prince Lionheart mats available at Wal-mart, Target, Baby Depot, or any other readily accessible store or do I need to order online if we go with this mat?

DH wants to protect our leather car seats...

Thanks!

murphydog77
07-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Hi. No matter what you use, the vehicle seats will be dented if you install the car seat correctly. I know with my fabric seats, they pop back out after about a day without a car seat on them. I haven't had our leather seats in our other vehicle long enough to know if they will pop back out as well, but I've read that they do.

I haven't seen the Sunshine Kids protector, so I can't comment on it. If it's not rubbery in nature, it will cause the car seat to be slippery on the vehicle seat. It should also be fairly thin so that it doesn't interefere with the install of the car seat. The Prince Lionheart mat is rubbery and as thick as I would go.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

JMS
07-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I just bought the Prince Lionheart protector at BRU (they only had it in black). I'm hoping it helps protect the leather somewhat. I had a carseat in my car for a little over 1 day, without a mat, and the dent it made was unbelievable (I had a very tight, shake-the-car fit).