PDA

View Full Version : tethering questions for an Evenflo chase in a captains chair

jess_g
07-29-2004, 10:31 AM
I am trying to tether my sons Evenflo Chase car seat in a captains chair in my Siena minivan. The car's manual says to thread the tether through from the back of the captain chair and attach it to the latch anchor but I can't seam to do this. The hook on the tether strap is too long to get on the latch anchor. Is their an easier way to do this? I also noticed that there is a second tether strap. Can I use that one instead? Or is it for something else? It is not conected to the seat so I would need to disconect the first tether strap and attach this one to the seat. Can that be done?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I will work on it somemore and see. The hook on the second tether strap looks easier to use, but I don't know how to attach the strap to the seat.

Jessica.

murphydog77
07-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Jessica. What year is your Sienna? There are 3 components to LATCH: the 2 lower LATCH hooks and the top tether hook. The top tether goes over the top of the vehicle seat (under the head rest unless otherwise specified) and attached to the top tether anchor. Where that is depends on the model year of your van. The 2 lower LATCH hooks get attached to the corresponding lower LATCH anchors in the seat bight (crack between bottom and back cushions). If you have a 2000 or older Sienna, you don't have any of the LATCH components, though the top tether anchors can be retrofitted.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com