PDA

View Full Version : trying to decide on marathon or roundabout

bridgetb125
08-01-2004, 10:45 PM
I decided on a marathon because it seemed like that would be the last carseat i'd have to buy for my son until he was in a belt positioning booster (probably at 5). Is it possible for a roundabout to take me up to that point too though? If I could get away with the roundabout that would be better because it costs less and I have a small car. Which should I go with? Since the seats are so expensive i'm justifying the cost by knowing it will be the last seat that I buy until he is in a belt positioning booster.

Momof3Labs
08-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Depends - is your son tall? My guy is tall and there is no way the Roundabout will last us past age 3. I think that age 5 would be pushing it for all but the shortest kids, but that's just my guess.

cmferrara
08-04-2004, 03:03 PM
I went with the Marathon. At 7 months my son is already 27 1/2 inches and I figured if he continues to grow like this he is going to be tall. For that kind of expense I decided that the Marathon will probably last us longer since it goes up to 65 lbs. and having more height as well. IMHO it's a little more to pay up front for longer use.