PDA

View Full Version : Safefit carseat cover

ncmommy
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Has anyone tried this?? The Eddie Bauer one looks like it only has a shoulder stap - this one seems to have backpack straps and wheels so you can pull it like a suitcase. Anybody know it a Marathon will fit in it??

http://www.kidsurplus.com/blu50110.html

american_mama
08-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, I have the Safefit car seat bag. I have used it only once for flying, twice for hauling the car seat back and forth from a car rental agency while pushing my DD in a stroller. I liked the backpack option because I thought I would be using this mainly when I had to push my DD in a stroller while carrying the carsea, meaning that I needed my hands free.

The backpack straps are NOT very comfortable since they are unpadded and not ideally positioned, plus the rigid bottom and wheels kind of hit my back as I walk. I put folded kitchen towels as padding under the straps (very fashionable :-) or you could buy the luggage shoulder protectors things to help your shoulders. I have not tried dragging it by the wheels. The wheels are quite small, and I believe there are only two, so I wouldn't expect great things. The rigid bottom and wheels make it a little heavier and bulkier to fold than an all-fabric bag, but that's not major issue for me.

I checked this bag with the car seat in it on the plane, and stuffed a lot of clothes and soft stuff in and around the car seat. That worked really well for me. Oh, I also can fit my pack n play in it, which will be nice sometime since I desperately need a shoulder strap to make it easier to carry a pack n play through an airport.

I don't love this bag, but it served its purpose. Even with its many flaws, I think it has more options than the Eddie Bauer bag, especially if you need the backpack option, uncomfortable though it is. It can also be reversed and used as a cover/heat reflector for a car seat installed in a car. I have never tried this, but actually might start now that I remembered.

ETA: I used it with a Graco Comfort Sport convertible seat. I don't know if it would fit your car seat, but probably since it is roomy. I bought mine at Babies R Us, where you could try it out with various car seats and/or pack n plays.

Hippoharbor
06-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know if the PNP can fit in bag with car seat or just one or the other? I have not bought a plane ticket, but am hoping to get empty seat to place snugride. THe idea of "gate checking" PNP sounds appealing so I don't have to worry about damage too much.