PDA

View Full Version : Best price for a Husky?

Samraelanelevi
08-04-2004, 11:27 PM
I am helping a family with a 3 year old ds with CP and he already weighs 40 lbs, so they need a bigger car seat. I think the Husky is a good option for them and am hoping someone knows of a great deal. If anyone has any sites that are running specials please post. TIA

Brenda

Momof3Labs
08-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Brenda, www.babycatalog.com has a 10% membership discount and usually some additional dollars off. If you don't know anyone with a membership, let me know and I can share mine with you.

Joolsplus2
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Is it possible they could get a prescription (and insurance coverage, of course) for a Traveller Plus? I don't know how that works, exactly, but if they have have other issues where they need DME (Durable Medical Equipment) it might not be to hard for them to get one that way.
Anyway, good luck!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Samraelanelevi
08-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I do know of someone with a babycatalog discount, but wasn't sure about being able to use it-I'll check. As for the insurance I am not sure if they've looked into it, but I will mention it to them and see what they think.

Brenda

Momof3Labs
08-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Each babycatalog member can designate up to three friends to share their discount (called an associate membership)!

justlearning
08-05-2004, 11:22 PM
You can buy a Husky right now from babyuniverse for $220 with free shipping. Plus, you should also be able to get a 7% cash rebate back from ebates just by clicking on the babyuniverse link from the ebates website (after you're signed up with ebates). You may want to check this to make sure that you will be able to get that ebates rebate back from babyuniverse when buying a Britax seat, but I think it should work. (Similarly to babyuniverse, babyage also says "no coupons or discounts" on Britax seats yet babyage did give me my ebates rebate back on my Marathon when they were affiliated with ebates. Also, babycenter also always gave me my ebates rebate even when their site said "no coupons or discount.")

If you do get the rebate, that would make the Husky $205 at Babyuniverse, whereas babycatalog--if you did get the 10% discount--would be $216. (You do get a free mat with Babycatalog, but I've read that you shouldn't use those mats for safety reasons.)

HTH! :) BTW, if you're not already signed up with ebates, I'd really appreciate your using this link if you do decide to sign up (free and saves you tons of money shopping online):http://www.ebates.com/affiliate_landing.jsp?promotion_code=REF1&eeid=13840&banner=9710&[email protected]&refpageid=1