PDA

View Full Version : Booster for 3 yr. old

TLC1994
08-09-2004, 11:56 PM
We are currently using a Fisher Price Safe Embrace Convertible car seat for our just turned 3-yr. old who is approx. 32 lbs.

I've often wondered if she'd be more comfortable in a booster seat rather than a convertible seat.

If so, which would you recommend:
1. Graco Ultra Cargo
2. Graco Platinum Cargo
3. Evenflo Chase Comfort Booster
(I'd love to be able to purchase a Britax, however I just cannot spend that kind of money right now (baby #2 is on the way!).)

I've read some negative reviews of the Evenflo Chase that it's lacking padding in the lower back section. Are the Graco's any better?

The Evenflo Chase was reduced to $50 at a local BRU, so it's extra appealing, however if another seat is better, then I'll spend a little bit more.

Is there another seat that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for the input!

Joolsplus2
08-10-2004, 12:15 AM
No, those are pretty much the best choices. It's "touch and go" on the padding...there are SO many models and versions of all these seats, you really have to get your hands on them to decide which is the best padded. If the one at your BRU is comfortable for your DD and fits your car well, then go for it, if not, check Walmart or Target or Sears or KMart...they all carry at least one or two of these seats (yeah, right, running from store to store with a toddler and a pregnant belly is some kind of fun, isn't it? lol)
Good luck, any one of those you like best should be just fine :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx