PDA

View Full Version : My Roundabout says RF up to 30 lbs?

cdlamis
08-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Am I going crazy? We were travelling by airplane this weekend so I had plenty of time to stare at the side of our RA :) and I read the side sticker which said "RF to 30 lbs and FF to.....". I about choked! I thought it was 33 lbs and that is why we haven't yet turned her FF at 31 lbs.

Anyway, I just got home and checked Britax's website and it says "RF until 33 lbs" for the RA. Wht does my car seat sticker contradict that?? The car seat is inside the house right now and I double checked.

I will call Britax in the morning but wanted some opinions??
TIA!

DaniellaMom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

Joolsplus2
08-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Oh Ugh, that sucks.
Ok, what happened is: all seats labeled to 30 pounds must be tested with the 33 pound dummy. So we "know" it's safe. For some time, they said we could use ALL RA's up to 33 pounds, no matter what the label says. Then they did a backflip and said we must follow the label on the seat. Meanwhile, the new ones are labled to 33 pounds.
So, if you call, they will definitely tell you to turn her FF, where if you called a couple months ago, they would have told you she was fine till 33 pounds. Annoying, huh? I think I know a few people who have chosen to keep using the seat till 33 pounds, despite the 30 pound limit label, but I can't openly recommend you do that...and at 31 pounds, you've done a heckuva job keeping her RF...
Do you have top tether anchors in your car? If you turn her FF, using the top tethers can help prevent neck injury considerably, so be sure to use them. If you don't have them, post back and I'll see if I can help you get them installed before you turn her.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

JElaineB
08-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks, good to know. I have a 30 lb. RA and I was under the impression I could use it to 33 lbs. also. DS is still well under 30 lbs. though so I have a way to go.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

cdlamis
08-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Julie, Thanks for the info. I am a little miffed at the misinformation by Britax but I am sure DD will love to be turned FF now!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

cdlamis
08-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Julie-
I have been thinking about this and have one more question. Is the seat I have exactly the same as those with the 33 lb sticker on them? Or was mine tested differently?

I want to know because I really want to keep her RF as long as possible but I don't want to put her in danger by not following the recommendation (if it truly is safer).

Thanks!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

Joolsplus2
08-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Same seat, different label :)
Any seat labeled to 30 pounds really IS tested with the 38 inch, 33 pound dummy and passes :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx