PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Marathon vs American Marathon

bensdad
08-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I was just wondering if anybody knows if there is a structural difference between the Canadian Marathon and an American marathon? Being Canadian would it be safe for me to use an American marathon in my vehicle? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Grant

Joolsplus2
08-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Everything about the seats is exactly the same, except the stickers on them and the manuals. Legally, you should use the seat that is properly labeled for your country.

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hipmaman
08-11-2004, 10:32 PM
With the Marathons, we have been told they are the same, except for labelling. However, you should use the Canadian MA if you are living in Canada. It is illegal to use seats that is not certified for use in Canada. Depending on the province you live in, it could mean demerit points, fine and seat confiscated, etc., if caught.

Aside from that, there are other factors you should consider before using a non-Canadian seat. Insurance and carseat companies might not accept liability if in a collision. Warranty of the carseat would be void and null as the seat is being used 'against instructions' (ie. outside of said jurisdiction).

If you can accept these risks, then it's your call to use a non-Canadian seat. If you are uncomfortable, then it's best to buy a Canadian MA to use.