PDA

View Full Version : Car seat base and leather seats

HIU8
08-12-2004, 10:09 AM
We just bought the peg perego car seat and our car seats are leather. Is there any reason to worry that we need some protection between the leather and the base? I don't want to use a towel. I was wondering if there was anything out there made for this situation?

Heather
Mom to our yet to be born baby boy--Due December 2004

strollerfreak
08-12-2004, 12:39 PM
If the seat base is slipping on the leather seats you can consider using shelf liner to help stop the slipping.

Use caution though, if you live in an extremely hot climate I would NOT recommend doing this as the shelf liner has been known to melt or discolor the leather of some vehicle seats in extreme heat.

So if you DO decide to try shelf liner (really cheap at the grocery store...like $2 for a roll) I personally would go for a matching, or very similar color to your leather...like I wouldn't recommend using orange on white leather!!

Good Luck!!

priscilla73
08-12-2004, 02:36 PM
We have a Leather in our Suburban and we use the Seat Saver by Prince Lionheart. They come in different colors (brown,gray) and I picked them up at my local Toys R Us for around $16.

http://store.babycenter.com/product/safety_babycare/safety/travel/3716

You should take the extra precautions to protect your leather seats so they'll stay beautiful after the seats are no longer used.

We even bought them for my dh's commuter car that has cloth seats.

HTH
Priscilla

ETA: I forgot I wrote a review on the babycenter site, too...lol