PDA

View Full Version : Help tall toddler need new seat

Doodlebugs-Mom
08-13-2004, 12:14 AM
My daughter is only 25 m old but is already 35 1/2 in and 33 lbs her Evenflo Titan 5 is getting too short for her long torso. I need to find a seat that will be the best for her. I prefer to get a comboo seat 5 point HHB if possible. I have been researching but I am really clueless. I am anal about her being in her seat but I have already been through 3 seats at this point. I would like the 4th to be used for more than a few months. Do you have any suggestions that may help me find a good seat for her. I also drive a 2000 Chevy Blazer if that helps. Any info you have will be greatly appreciated.

OneOfEachHowSweet
08-13-2004, 01:53 AM
The HUSKY ~ and it's just what the name states. Check it out ~ http://www.britaxusa.com/products.cfm?action=ShowProduct&pro_id=B42FE61E-C8E5-4589-95635E99E566A234 ~ my 4 year old DS is in one and we both love it, he won't be outgrowing it anytime soon.

Shannon
Mommy of 2

Doodlebugs-Mom
08-13-2004, 10:20 AM
That looks like a wonderful seat, but $240.00 is really out of my financial means right now. Does anyone have more affordable seats that may work for me?

Joolsplus2
08-13-2004, 12:12 PM
The Evenflo Chase and Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo are seats that have 17 inch tall top harness slots (your Titan is like 15 inches), and both run 60-100 each (check www.froogle.com for ideas).
Either of those (Ultra and Platinum just have different covers, otherwise they are the same seat) should be fine, so if you can try them out first, just go with the one that you prefer and fits best in your car.
One thing I don't know if you know, is that you may not be allowed to install a car seat in the center of your back seat. Check your manual, but a lot of SUV's of that ilk have a strong warning against any car seats in the middle (the seatbelt anchors are quite close together, I believe is the reason).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Doodlebugs-Mom
08-13-2004, 01:34 PM
I spoke with the PA trooprs that install seats and they think I should go with a Hight back 5 point harness belt positioning booster for her based on height and weight instead of another FF seat. I was wondering what you all think about that? If that is a good idea what models to you prefer and why?

She has always been installed in the back passanger side of the car. My manual says it is because the center has a tiny lap belt that is not standard width.

Joolsplus2
08-13-2004, 01:39 PM
The seats I recommended are high back harnessed boosters :). They have tall harness slots, and you can keep her harnessed till she is 40 pounds, then they become boosters after she is 40 pounds.

I'm glad you read your manual for your car and knew that about the center seat :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Doodlebugs-Mom
08-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Oh sorry I thought you were suggesting different convertables. i mis read, I will look into those thank you very much for your input. It is greatly appreciated.