PDA

View Full Version : Vomit on Britax RA

friedmana1
08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Okay, not the most pleasant topic, but I was wondering how all of you got the vomit smell out of the straps and cover. We've tried washing/febreeze on the straps already to no avail. And about the cover, the manual says to handwash - can I machine wash it?

TIA!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

Momof3Labs
08-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Febreeze - yuck, won't do the trick. Try soaking them in some Nature's Miracle, which is available at pet supply stores. It is chemical free, which is a bonus, and really knocks out, uh, bodily fluid smells. It might take a week for the smell to go away completely (you can use the straps in the meantime), though.

COElizabeth
08-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Nature's Miracle is a great suggestion for the straps. For the cover, yes, you can machine wash it, but don't put it in the dryer. Whatever you do, don't return the seat to the store and ask the salesperson to remove the cover for you. :) I had that happen once when I was working at The Right Start. Gross!!!!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

friedmana1
08-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks Lori and Elizabeth! I am heading to our Petco now. OMG Elizabeth - that's a crazy story. I cannot believe that someone did that!!!!!!!!!!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02