PDA

View Full Version : Washing Graco Car Seat Cover

Laela
08-21-2004, 06:43 PM
I inherited a car seat from a cousin (still new and barely used) and I wanted to wash the cover. Has anyone had experience with this? Does the cover still retain its shape?

Thanks!
Due in 2 weeks!!

Joolsplus2
08-21-2004, 08:31 PM
It probably should be fine...do you have the manual? How about www.gracobaby.com to see if they have washing instructions?
Generally handwashing (in woolite or dreft or other mild soap)is safest then dry it flat on a towel...you wouldn't want to just toss it in the machine with a load of dirty jeans or anything (yeah, I know you wouldn't do that!), and tumble drying may snag the fabric/elastic, and softeners may harm the anti-flammability properties...so, just like everything else you are gingerly washing now, be gentle and mild and you'll be fine.

Ask back if you need any help getting a proper installation or if you have any other questions!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

virginia_fa
08-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Have washed this car seat cover several times in the washing machine in cold water and just hang dry - don't put in the dryer. It comes out perfect.

dr mom
08-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I machine-washed my Graco Snugride cover on the delicate cycle with Woolite and hung to dry - no shrinking or fading.

I wasn't sure if it could go in the washing machine or not, but we were visiting relatives out of town and had one of those massive blowout poops that would have been much easier to deal with at home, instead of in a truck stop restroom...