PDA

View Full Version : Which convertible car seat?

1sttimemom
08-22-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm considering graco comfortsport clarke (the more plush model) and the evenflo triumph. I have an evenflo triumph for DD already (purchased 3/02) and have been happy with it. I bought it because the seat padding was plush and it had the EPS foam, and I couldn't convince DH to spend the extra for an MA! I had decided to get the triumph again and to wait for the deluxe model with cup holder etc to come in nicer colors since #2 isn't here yet. I was at Target and Baby Depot and felt the cushion in the current triumph model. It is not as thick as ours- by far! The confortsport was so much thicker! So, can anyone comment on the comfortsport? I read it has EPS foam too...is it considered to be as safe? I like the adjustments for the harness height, lossen/tighten knobs, and recline features of the triumph. Does the comfortsport have comprable options- I was in a rush and couldn't tear the thing apart! Has anyone had to make the call between these two seats?

Joolsplus2
08-22-2004, 10:56 PM
The ComfortSport, while that is a nicely padded model and IS very safe, doesn't have all the nifty harness adjustment knobs that the Triumph does.
Have you considered putting the baby in the Triumph and going with something with taller harness slots for your 2 year old? The Evenflo Chase or Generations (same seat shell as Chase, but SO padded!), or the Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo? These seats have 17 inch top slots and will allow you to keep a child harnessed much longer (till 40 pounds, but heightwise, till 5+ years old, versus 3-4 for the convertibles you're looking at) and of course then they can become boosters or be handed down to baby #2 for taller harness slot usage.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

1sttimemom
08-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks for that info Julie. My daughter currently uses an Evenflo Chase Deluxe.(She picked it and sat in it...)I didn't know there was a Generations model with more padding or we probably would have that! She uses the triumph in our second car for now as she is 3yo and within the size. We figure when #2 outgrows the infant seat (not due until Thanksgiving, so we've got until May or June)we'll use the triumph we have and have another convertible, then DD will use her Chase and possibly will be big enough for a dedicated booster as a second seat. I've been looking at booster options too and so far like the Compass B500 best.