PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph 5 -- HELP !

Fenway1
08-23-2004, 12:13 PM
I used the Baby Bargains recommendations as gospel for almost all purchases for our first child. Which is why I am so upset with the recent purchases we made for 2 Evenflo Triumph 5 car seats.

We installed them this weekend and can’t believe how poorly the seat fits our 7 month old. Jason is long for his age (90%) but on the smaller size weight wise (35%). The shoulder straps do not stay on his shoulders at all. It is very dangerous. Not to mention, he hates it!

We thought we must have been doing something wrong so we went searching on the web – and found so MANY similar complaints on this exact problem. I am beside myself what to do. Do we wait until Jason fits it better and continue to use it? Do we try to sell them as used car seats and take a huge beating on the price we spent on them?

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE WAY THE STRAPS FIT (DON'T FIT)!

Thanks,

Joolsplus2
08-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Raise them up to the next slot level. They will be slightly above his shoulders, but that is safer than having them fall OFF his shoulders.
If you bought them at walmart or BRU, you might try returning them and getting something different?

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sally f
09-06-2004, 11:18 PM
I had the exact same problem!! My ds is also in the 90th %tile in height. The shoulder straps do not stay on, and he hated it the minute we put him in. He got used to it eventually, but the shoulder straps are another issue. I called Evenflo because there was a recall because of straps falling off shoulders, but they said that the seat we have did not qualify. You can't use the highest slot rearfacing because the baby can slide up on impact and will not have any head support because the seat back is too short!!!! I was very disappointed myself that Baby Bargains recommended this seat. The cover is hard to take off to wash, the velcro comes undone and scratches, there are so many things that I find annoying about this seat. A carseat tech recommended the Britax Marathon, Eddie Bauer 3in1 or the Alpha Omega Elite because she said they have higher backs. I wanted the Britax, but because of their recall, I haven't found one.