PDA

View Full Version : Has the Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 been improved?

cindylyn
08-24-2004, 03:12 PM
I am in the market for a convertible car seat and I saw that the Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 got a terrible rating in the BB book. But my friend said that she recently saw a Consumer Reports review that recommended this car seat.

Has the seat been changed or improved recently? Or is she confusing it with another seat?

Thanks,
Cindy

murphydog77
08-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Hi Cindy. Cosco has improved the seat with non-twist straps. I believe they also changed out the shoulder belt guides for when the seat is used as a booster. The Alpha Omega Elite (same as the EB, but with a different height adjuster) is supposed to be a bit taller in the harness slots, so that's the one you should look at if you're looking at this seat.

BTW, I'm not a fan of the CR reports on car seats. They're very secretive about their testing methods, so that puts up a red flag IMO. Heck, a couple of years ago (last year?), their number 1 rated seat had a rear-facing weight limit of only 22 lbs. and a rear harness adjuster. You should've seen the uproar over that one, lol. The seat that is the best for you is the one that has the features you like and can use correctly each ride, fits your vehicle with less than 1" of movement at the belt path, and fits your child.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com