PDA

View Full Version : Baby shower registery suggestions

dragonflylvr
08-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi again,

Would you happen to have any suggestions of gadgets, equipment that I should register for in the next week or two for my baby shower? Things that you would't live without, brands that are best, etc.?

TIA.

Lori

lynettefrancois
08-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Whew! That's asking for a lot of info at once! Plus it's so individual as to what you'll need, nobody would know what to suggest. Try looking through the various sections to see what you'll want, or try a search for the words Register or Best in the individual folders. When you find out IF you want a certain type of item, such as a monitor, then search for that item for suggestions as to brand. HTH!

amazz
08-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Lori--

I just had a couple of baby showers so I feel qualified to answer this question only to the extent of what *I* registered for and not for what we have actually used.

I'm guessing you have read the BB book since you are on these boards. :) I really did use that as a guide as what to register for. There are certain things you will absolutely need: a place for baby to sleep, a car seat, diapers (cloth or sposies), wipes, and formula and bottles if you plan to formula feed, and clothes and blankets for the babe. Everything else is just "extra". Of course, I registered for a lot of extras. :) If you would like to know what I registered for I would be happy to send you that list, but in all honesty I really did follow the BB book pretty closely. And I got a lot of good advice on here for things I was still uncertain about (such as a car seat--we ended up going with the snugride).

Also, if you are friends with an experienced mom, it might be helpful to take her with you when you registered--she would definitely be able to help you wade through all the "Stuff" at the stores.

Again, if you would like some idea of what I registered for (and why) just email me and I would be happy to share it with you!!

HTH and good luck!!
Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

safarimom
08-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Depending on where you register, they will usually have a list of items recommended to register for. Babies R Us has a list & also if you look at Walmart's website I recall they had a list on there somewhere. Modify it to suit your needs because you really don't need everything that's on there, but it serves as a general guideline. There are many threads discussing different products on this board & lots of good info in the Baby Bargains book on essentials.

kijip
08-25-2004, 05:11 PM
As far as carseat register for an Infant Seat and a Convertible seat. I am partial to Britax but any brand that fits your vehicle is fine. Register for top-of-line seats!

lizajane
08-25-2004, 09:29 PM
carseats: graco snugride and britax marathon were my choices and are both VERY highly rated. i love them both.

breastpump/bottles/sippies: avent

stroller: i have a graco, but i am the only one who likes it. maybe a kolcraft universal carseat stroller thingy and a combi or maclaren or whatelse folks?

pacifiers: one of every brand. you never know what they will take

baby bathtub: whatever looks good to you. the sponges that you lie the baby on in a tub are GREAT.

carrier: baby bjorn. SO much better than other brands

glider: dutalier. hands down, IMO

soft gowns/sleepers: carter's

pack n play, swing, exersaucer, high chair... whatever looks good to you

sheets: well, pottery barn kids are DEFINITELY my fav, but at least name brand

waterproof mattress pad/cover- anything, just get two

dragonflylvr
08-25-2004, 10:25 PM
You have all been a big help.

Lori