PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a Cosco Tourvia?

Karenn
08-26-2004, 07:38 PM
I've checked BRU & TRU and neither carry it. I saw it online at Walmart, but I wanted to make sure I couldn't get it somewhere else before I trek all the way out there. (I want the one with a 5 point harness, not the overhead shield like I saw on Target's website.)

Thanks,

murphydog77
08-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Target has the Regal Ride, which is the same shell as the Touriva, but a different cover. The Wal-Mart I went to yesterday had the 5-point Touriva, but I know some only carry the overhead shield. KMart also carries Tourivas.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

Joolsplus2
08-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Kmart carries tourivas, but for some reason they seem to be of a lower quality than the Walmart tourivas....twisty straps and a one piece chest clip. Perhaps it was OLD stock on the shelf i saw, but someone else had the same complaint.
Anyway, the Safety First ComfortRide is also the same seat at Kmart, but has really nice padding and good non-twist straps.

iriebride
08-28-2004, 02:59 AM
I bought the Cosco Regal Ride from Target. It's a little bit nicer than the Wal-Mart one. We got this seat for our second car and for traveling. It is really light!

Good luck,
Joyce
Zerick 7-3-03

lynettefrancois
08-31-2004, 03:50 PM
I found it for 38.84 at my local Wal-Mart. I prefer it over Target in general, although I admit I didn't even look at the Target version. I am just mad at Target because of their newest return/exchange policies! :P You must exchange in the same department now for at least the same amount or greater, if you have no receipt and paid cash or received the item as a gift. Last time, I couldn't find anything, so I was stuck with an expensive gift I'd received that DD hated (until I returned it to Wal-Mart). :) I love Wal-Mart.

Cinder
09-03-2004, 02:04 AM
I just bought one at Wal-Mart today. It was $45. I looked at the Regal Ride at Target (for $38) but decided against it mainly because the padded material is not designed to completely cover the shell. There's no padding at the sides from about elbow height to about chest height. At least that's what the display sample and box indicated. Not only did I think the exposed black plastic looked a bit cheesy I thought it would get hot. The cover on the sample Regal Ride also didn't wrap around the bottom. It had built-in plastic pins (for lack of a better word) that popped into small holes. They seemed to pop out of said holes entirely too easily for me. I could just picture my dd gnawing on the loose fabric. The Touriva has padding over the entire seat. However, you wouldn't guess that from looking at the box (or at least the boxes I saw). The drawings on the box make the Touriva look like the Regal Ride I mentioned but the displayed sample seat at Wal-Mart had the full covering, The clerk didn't know which was right so we opened up a box. It had the full cover. I don't know why there's such a difference between the picture and the product but be careful when/where you buy it.

JElaineB
09-03-2004, 10:34 PM
This is exactly why I bought the Touriva at Walmart instead of the Regal Ride. I did not like that the cover didn't fully cover the Regal Ride's plastic shell.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02