PDA

View Full Version : When will Britax be back at BRU????

newmomto1
08-27-2004, 01:00 AM
My poor DS is too big for his infant seat!!
We purchased a Britax Marathon at BRU...and then just days later found out about the recall.
BRU is the only retailer in my area that carries these seats. I returned the one I purchased.
Everytime I ask at our BRU when they'll have the new ones in, I get a different answer...
Today it was...."Probably not for a very long time"
AUGH!
I am reluctant to purchase one online JUST in case it doesn't work in my car, or DS hates it, etc. & I need to return it.
We also purchased an inexpensive Graco for DH's car (since DS is not in it that much).
I am trying to decide if I should have the Graco installed in my car until BRU gets restocked...or what???
Have any of you seen the new Britax at your BRU or heard of when they'll be in?????
TIA!!

Melda
08-28-2004, 09:32 AM
I dont have an answer but you can check out carseat compatablity at www.carseatdata.org and put your car model and make and kind of carseat and if someone has submitted it then it will be on their list. I hope that helps.

Melda

jenniferd
08-29-2004, 11:45 AM
I have been wondering the same thing. My DS is just turning 4 months and I am pretty sure he is near or over 20 pounds (He was 16 pounds and 2 ounces at his 2 month check and I just have a feeling that when we go to his 4 month check next week, he will be above 20). Was all set to get the Marathon but heard about the recall. I got the Roundabout instead but would much rather have the Marathon due to the higher weight limit. I was thinking of calling Britax to see what their deal is, as we have not installed the Roundabout yet (just bought it yesterday). I will let you know if I call them, what they say.

And by the way, at our BRU, they said they stopped carrying them altogether.

Jennifer