PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend infant seat -- am I missing something?

GingerS
08-27-2004, 03:46 PM
After reading Baby Bargains, I've pretty much decided that I want to go with the Baby Trend infant car seat to start out with (instead of a convertible seat). However, I've looked for them online and can only find consumer report-type data -- not anyplace to buy one. I haven't been to the physical BRU store yet to look, but would assume it would have been on their website if they carried it. Where can you get this seat?

tinkerbell1217
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I saw them at BRU today. I am in Florida though, not sure if all the stores have them in stock.

GingerS
08-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks, I'll try to get out there to check sometime soon. Just seems strange to me that if they carry them in their store that you wouldn't be able to find them online. Of course, maybe I'm just having a pregnancy brain day, and they're really there after all!

lisbeth916
08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Ok, I was just thinking I was going nuts and was thinking the exact same thing! I went to the Baby Trend website, checked it out. Hit the purchase online button (wanted to see how much) then it brought up Amazons generic site, with a picture of the Graco snugride! So this car seat does exist??? Good to know, like I said, I was thinking I really was going nuts.

Torster
08-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I bought one at BRU yesterday. AFAIK, they still aren't available through the Amazon/BRU website, which I'm starting to think might have something to do with an ongoing dispute between Amazon and TRU. Who knows, but the seat is available at bricks and mortar stores.

HTH.

Joolsplus2
08-30-2004, 05:32 PM
They are about to get several new models, as far as I know...the adjustable back Latch Loc 22 and the "flex loc"... I'm pretty sure they've both been spotted in B & M Stores so far....what's this about an Amazon/BRU dispute? That would explain a great deal why the BRU site is so bad....
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

GingerS
08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
What have you heard/seen about these new models? Think they'll be out before January (my due date)? If so, are they a lot better than the existing models? Just wondering . . .

Joolsplus2
08-30-2004, 06:29 PM
The "adjustable back" Latch Loc 22 has been out as the "Tahoe travel sytem" for...6-12 months now, but the seat could be ordered separately direct from baby trend. Now they are going to sell the seat without the stroller. I'm not sure about the Flex-Loc,
whether it's the same size seat as the LL-22 or the LL-20 (which I think is being discontinued...it was nice, but very small, babies outgrew it super young).
The LL-22 has a rigid LATCH system, and if it works in your car, it's a DREAM to install..just click it in,basically, and go. The Flex-Loc has soft straps, like most other seats...they don't even have it on the website yet...what a drag! http://www.babytrend.com/carseats/6169.htm
Do you have a BRU near enough you could call and find out what they have or go see?

GingerS
08-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Yes, I was at BRU on Saturday and they have that model that you linked to. I really liked it a lot (esp. the handle, the fabric and the rigid LATCH system), but my husband thought that it didn't look as comfortable as some of the others that seemed to have more padding or a head support. Any thoughts on that?

BTW, Julie, I really appreciate your input on this board. I feel much better taking opinions from someone as highly qualified as you are.

Ginger
20 weeks (due 1/16/04)

Joolsplus2
08-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm glad to help :) I know just how much there is to learn, and am glad I can make it a little easier for you :)

As for padding...hmm, it's sort of a preference thing. Not too many babies seem perturbed by hard seats (well, some do, and aren't happy till they get to a convertible...fingers crossed your baby isn't picky!).

As for headrests, you DO only want to use the ones that come with the seat, never buy one off the shelf that's not crash tested with your model of seat. What's better than a headrest, and will make baby happier, is to roll a receiving blanket up and kind of stuff it all along baby's head and sides (only AFTER you have the harness fastened and snug)....that give them the comfy swaddled feeling they love (for those of you who notice that last week I said roll the blanket and put it rainbow-shaped over the baby's head, I just learned this new trick from a tech I trust very much ;) ).

The good thing about the adjustable back LL, is that it has higher weight and height limits than the snugride, primo viaggio, or evenflo seats, so it will last longer...probably a couple months longer than any of those.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Torster
08-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Here's an article about the Amazon/TRU dispute. I've seen some speculation that this ongoing litigation might be deterring Amazon from stocking some TRU/BRU items.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-08-13-zon-russ_x.htm

T.

onlyone
09-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Sorry to jump in late into this message thread but I had a quick ? about the Baby Trend Latch Loc infant seat. I used this carseat w/ my 1st daughter and a non-LATCH car. We have a newborn and a new car so we're using the seat now with LATCH.

My question to others with this carseat and LATCH: is it noisy? I don't know what seems to shake and rattle (springs?) but it's very noticeable. Anyone else have this? Solution?

Thanks
Monica