PDA

View Full Version : Bunting Bag for SnugRide

callunah
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Does anyone have experience with a bunting bag for use with a Graco SnugRide infant car seat? I registered for a "Bundle Me" fleece bag, but am unsure as to whether it is safe to use in the car seat or if there is a better option. The straps fit through slots in the bag that zips around the baby. It looks real cozy, but would lay over the headrest. I'm a first time mom due in late December. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

icunurse
08-27-2004, 07:22 PM
We used the NaNo Bag (it's on BRU online). It's very cozy and convenient...I think they all work about the same way - zips up the front and zippers in the back let you belt baby in.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

annietete
08-27-2004, 09:41 PM
I used the "Bundle Me" with the Graco SnugRide for my son. He was born in January, and it kept him nice and cozy. I just snapped the headrest off, put the bunting on, then snapped the headrest over the bunting. It really worked out great for us. Hopes that helps!

Joolsplus2
08-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Graco makes a crash-tested boot that is approved for use in their seats, and that's the safest option. Next would be to use a cover that only goes OVER the seat, with elastic around the edges, nothing under the baby or around the straps at all.
Anything else will technically void your seat's warrantee, and may or may not decrease the safety of your seat in some way (not trying to freak you out, it's just that carseats are tested "as is" and all the extra stuff might make the seat less safe...it probably *won't* make the seat less safe, but we really don't know)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

callunah
08-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks! I will check out the NaNo Bag!

callunah
08-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the tip!

callunah
08-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Thank you Julie! I will take this into consideration and maybe go with the exterior cover after all.

shishamo
08-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Julie,

Sorry to jump in, but since it's okay for the baby/toddler/kids to wear fleece jacket in their carseats, how different is that compared to bundle me, which really is just a layer of fleece under/over? Also, how different could a bundle me can be compared to, let's say, a fleece bunting? I always wondered about this...

lynettefrancois
08-31-2004, 03:56 PM
It's like a layer of really thick fleece. It's windy around here in winter, so just layering blankets over the top of the infant carrier wasn't really an option. DD never needed a coat with the Bundle Me. In my opinion, it was a safer option than trying to put a coat on her. Also, the ones that go over the seat with just a little hole for them to peep through- my DD would have NEVER stood for that, even at 2 months old. I couldn't have survived without my Bundle Me last winter. I'm sure some other types work just as well, I've just never seen any others myself IRL (except the ones with the face hole mentioned above)- I found mine at TJ Maxx or Marshalls for $20. HTH!

daniele_ut
08-31-2004, 04:21 PM
I just got the Land's End Car Seat Squall on Overstocks for around $20.00. THe 5 point harness version is open in the back, so there is nothing under the straps of the car seat that could be compressed in an accident. Also, the fleece itself is quite thin, almost thinner than the fleece bunting I also got from Land's End, so I son't see how it would be any LESS safe than the fleece bunting. It uses Polarfleece brand Aircore 300 fleece, which is significantly thinner than the fleece on the Bundle me that I saw at BRU.