PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon VS Wizard

Kellyschilhab
08-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I need help! My daughter is 5 months old and about to outgrow her Infant Carrier (boy did I make a mistake buying the Cosco Eddie Bauer Seat...I didn't read the baby bargains book until after the carrier had been purchased.) I was going to buy the Britax Marathon, now they have been recalled due to a harness restraint problem (i understand it loosens on some.) What about the Wizard....is it new or just improved witht the "side impact" capabilities?!?!?! Most of my friends have Marathons...and they are sooooo soft and comfy...but I am concerned about my daughters saftey most...Please let me know your advice, experiences, etc. etc....

Thanks,
Kelly

geochick
08-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Some of the Wizards have been recalled too (including all three of mine!), but you can already purchase the newest Marathons and Wizards that have improved straps at places like Babyage.com. We love our Wizards and the recall hasn't been a big deal at all. The thing I like most is the added head protection. I am also really impressed with the rolling harness height adjustment knob. You don't have to rethread the harness as the baby grows. Good luck with your decision. I'm sure some other Britax owners will pipe in soon.

jastinker
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi, DD is 4 months and we went through the same delimma. We did end up getting the Wizard for the added protection. DH waas thrilled when he saw it because he said it looked just like a race car seat (NASCAR). Now that she is in it we are happy. I read here that some babies didn't like the head rest "wings" so we took her to the store and buckled her into the demo. She seemed fine. I also like that when she naps her head soesn't roll from side to side :). They both are wonderful car seats IMO. Good luck!!

Lisa