PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon or Recaro Young Sport?

Niki_n_Abby
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on which seat is better? Quality wise? Ease of use? Safety?

I'm looking for a seat for my long light weight of an almost 3 year old. The 65lb weight limit is not as important to me as high harness heights. The seats are the same price and I like that the Recaro is a combo so I don't have to buy a booster later.

Just wondering about quality/safety/etc.

Thanks!
Niki

uccomama
05-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I am afraid no one is going to be able to answer your questions because as far as I know no one has been able to compare the two. The Recaro Young Sport won't be available until June, so all we can do speculate. All I can say at this point is someone in Recaro has said the Sport has a harness height of 19 inches. If you go by the Recaro Start, the quality will be excellent. Ease of use I can't say, but it appears it has a harness adjuster like the Cosco Alpha Omega. As for safey, all Recaro car seats must pass same testing as all other car seats, and Recaro conducts its own tests for side impacts like Britax.

If you are unsure and can wait, I would suggest you let the guinea pigs, like me, who have ordered review it before buying!

Deborah