PDA

View Full Version : When did your baby outgrow his snugride?

SashaBear
05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
I have an Evenflo Portabout and I'm scared of the new Consumer Reports findings on it. I'm tempted to buy a new Snugride. Is it worth it? My thinking is that I can use the Snugride with my next kids.

Splash
05-13-2005, 05:56 PM
You can use your PA with the belt just fine. I don't know why it matters, but apparently it did.
Don't waste your money on a SR if your kid is already born. If you are still uncomfortable using your PA with the belt, why not use it w/o the base entirely? It's not quite as easy to use a PA w/o the base as it is a SR, but it's not that difficult. Or just buy a nice convertible.
If you truly want a new basket, buy the Combi, Baby Trend, Britax, or even the Cosco, as these all have higher weight/height limits. But I would skip buying a new basket altogether. Your PA is fine with the belt or w/o the base.
E

kijip
05-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I would get a convertible seat if your baby is already born or get an infant carrier with a higher limit than (most of) the current Snugrides. My son outgrew the Snugride at less than 4 months so the seat can be very short lived.

lmkramer
05-13-2005, 07:17 PM
We bought a Snugride four years ago for our first son and have since used it for three children. They were in the 75th-90th percentiles for height; the boys outgrew it at about 4 months and my daughter made it almost to six months. They all outgrew it for height reasons, hitting 26" much before they were near the weight limit. For baby number four, we'll need a new seat since the old one is more than five years old, and I'm definitely looking for something with a higher height limit.

My order for the new edition of Baby Bargains is in and I'm waiting for the book to arrive to help with my choices. Incidentally, we've owned the first, third, and now sixth editions of the book. Even when having four children in five years, there are things we need for the new baby, so I'm turning to the new edition of the trusted guide!

Joolsplus2
05-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Stick around here for car seat advice...we are way ahead of the Bible...er...baby bargains book ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx