PDA

View Full Version : snug ride installation

kimbe
05-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi All,

Unfortunately when we got home from the car seat check that we were at, we realized that the seat was tilting to the right, lower at the buckled side. (Very helpful check hey! LOL!) We have a lap belt only in the center or our 2003 Malibu. (one that you tighten by yourself, not the automatic retracting or anytthing.) I SO remember reading a post about how to fix this, but of course I can't find it now!

A state trooper helped us install our snug ride. She was happy with how we did it, then took it out and then installed it for us. Hmmm. She told us lots of stuff about our seatbelts and other facts etc. which were helpful, but thanks to you guys and this board we already knew. However, I thought of everyone on the boards when she told us that the rearfacing for infant heights, weights and age were only minimums and that she kept her children rearfacing until the seat had to be turned ff and encouraged us to do the same!

Thanks for all your help past, present and in the future!

Kim
edd 6/24/05

murphydog77
05-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Hi Kim. It's a lap-only belt and it's still tilting? If that's the case, don't be afraid to grab the base on both sides of the belt path and just readjust it so that it's even and straight. You shouldn't need to unbuckle it at all.

Usually the base tips with a lap/shoulder belt because the shoulder belt pulls up on one side. We fix that with a locking clip, but you never use a locking clip on a lap-only belt.

HTH!

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

kimbe
05-16-2005, 07:05 AM
It is a lap belt only. I will give your advice a try. I am sure that will fix it up! Thanks so much for the help! I appreciate it!

Kim
edd 6/24/05