PDA

View Full Version : Parkway or Bodyguard, which do you prefer?

callmeflan
05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm leaning toward the Bodyguard because of the lock-offs. DS is in a MA but will need a new seat for grandparents to use. He's 40lbs and just about 43 inches, but he's long in the torso which I think is more important than overall height.

Thanks in advance.

Julie

kijip
05-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't have a lot of booster experience (Toby is under 2) but hated to see your post go unanswered. Since your son is 43 inches tall (or just about to be) he fits the guidelines for the BodyGuard (I had suggested only the Turbo Booster or Parkway since they start at 38 inches and I did not expect that your 3 year old would be so tall!). The Body Guard is a really nice seat. I remember it as having a little less padding than the Parkway (which is pretty plush) but the lock-offs are really nice.

Maybe when this is bumped up someone with more booster dealings will chime in. Also, maybe post in the Toddler Bargains section? More booster seat parents over there?

jesseandgrace
05-17-2005, 10:21 AM
I have the parkway, and it works really well for my 4 and a half year old. I kept him in his Marathon until a month or so ago, because it is just so easy for them to move around in a booster, and be in an unsafe position, I wanted to make sure he was mature enough to behave in it. If the lock offs prevent this type of movement and you are using it for a three year old, I would go with the bodyguard.

Joolsplus2
05-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Parkway. The lockoffs are a massive headache for grandparents...too much room for misuse there. Also, the headwings are smaller in the bg, and kids lean out of them too much. Also, if their seatbelts retract, then you can lock him into the parkway without it being a massive hassle to unlock the seatbelt from the seat as it is in the Bodyguard (better to lock the whole belt and keep him trapped then it is to only have the lapbelt locked).

Well either one is really actually quite good...we loved our BG's, and we love, love our PW's, lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx